Friday, May 29, 2009

Using Twitter for your Online Business


Lately, I’ve been discussing some Social Networks and whatnot. Let’s take closer look at one Social Network that’s the “in-thing,” in online business. I mean not just businesses; even individuals are using it to update their friends on what’s happening to them.

I am talking about TWITTER.

Twitter, is a social networking tool and at the same time it’s a micro-blogging gizmo. It allows you to key-in up to 140 characters and update people who are following you. I know 140 characters isn’t enough to type in the entire content of your blog. However you can type in the URL of your latest blog with that amount of space.

Example: (using Add this)

Hey guys! New post check it out at http://bit.ly/MCVk6 via @addthis


With just a few texts I was able to inform my followers about the new post I have. Convenient right?

So can this help your business? Absolutely!

1. Introduction – for new businesses, using Twitter is a good way of introducing your company. I know you are there to make money and stuff; however it would also be great if you start it off with interaction. What do I mean by that? Get to know people first, after all Twitter is a very big community. No one will pay attention to the Tweets you send if they do not know who you are and what you do.

2. Promotion of your service / product – once you’ve achieved a decent amount of followers, announcing new products / services will be easy. All you have to do is key-in the updates that you have and send. Everyone within your group should be able to receive it; hence they’re aware of the new stuff you offer.

3. Awareness – customers who are following you on Twitter can easily voice out any inquiries that they might have, complaints they have to discuss, etc. Instead of publishing it online and broadcasting it to the entire world, they can easily reach you through Twitter. And just as easy you can offer your assistance in a timely manner.

Dell, Starbucks, JetBlue, Comcast, etc. are some of the huge companies who use Twitter for their business. Some of them use it to assist current and prospective customers, and some use it to update people on the company’s current status. You establish a good reputation by responding to customer concerns right away. Remember, customers are loyal to companies who treat them like kings.

4. It’s personal -- you get to interact with your customers on a personal level.

5. Feedback – if you are going to use Twitter you get immediate feedback from people you are communicating with. Therefore if you get immediate feedback you’ll be able to resolve the issue at hand if there is any.

6. Surveys – one feature of Twitter is its ability to gather surveys. As a business owner you can use this feature to gather useful information on your product / service.

To end, I would have to say using Twitter will be very helpful in growing your business if you use it correctly. You can create a network of loyal customers through Twitter which can easily be done.

So sign up and join the Twitter fever now!

4 comments:

  1. Good information!Thanks.
    I need to learn how to use twitter correctly so I can grow my business online..there has to be a better way to make money..call center work is not cutting it for me any more..not fun getting yelled at everyday for something I did not do :)
    Thanks
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue -- You are so right! Call center job is just tiring. Starting your own business is better! I know since I've been on the same boat as you. :) I wish you the best Sue. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. iinternet-business -- Hello there! I hope this post gave you an insight on the wonders of Twitter.

    ReplyDelete