Saturday, May 23, 2009

OSCOMMERCE

Okay, so I was suppose to write this article yesterday, but for some insane reason my MS Word was acting up. I almost forgot about what to write! Thank goodness that there's still such a thing as pen and paper. Oddly enough, in this day and age of high-technology, using such is basically queer. I mean people nowadays can do everything from their computer. Yes! That's right, everything. You actually do not have to step out into the scorching sun and do your daily task, such as shopping. You can do it right inside your home using your computer.

The process wherein you trade, shop, in short do business online is what we call Ecommerce. Ecommerce is not just about buying stuff online but it also includes selling. Most companies these days are using this system to improve their company's earnings.

So while doing my research on softwares / programs that can help online business people, I came across something new. I saw this article about OSCOMMERCE. As a newbie I honestly do not know what this is. I went ahead and researched it on the ever dependable Wikipedia. And voila! I got the answer I was looking for. I will try to explain what Oscommerce is all about in lay-man's term.

OSCOMMERCE which is short for Open Source Commerce is a software that can help your online business run more efficiently. Your web server should have PHP and MySQL. Don't worry because there is no additional cost on your part because this software is free. (Click here for the software download). Here are some of the features that you can expect from OSCommerce:
  • comes in three languages (English, German and Spanish)
  • you can have unlimited number of products and categories
  • the program sets-up payment systems automatically
  • you can have an image / picture for each product that you sell
  • shopping carts are available, both temporary and permanent
  • you get shipping quotes directly from UPS and USPS
There are video tutorials available on Youtube. After watching some of them, I chose the best video that can help you understand better Oscommerce. I hope this video is informative enough for you guys out there.





Video by: Ecommerce2008

No comments:

Post a Comment