Friday, June 12, 2009

eBay Basics


What is eBay? Most of us have heard of this, but some people are still unaware what it does.

I admit that I was one of those people who thought eBay was just something people click on or something. I did not pay much attention to it because I have never heard of it. Then one day I overheard my female co-worker saying, “Oh I got this at eBay. I got it for a really good price…wonderful dress isn’t it?” I got curious about what she was talking about so I looked at it; lo and behold, it was indeed a nice dress. I’m like, “I should have something like that as well.” I went to my computer and typed in the website and whoosh I laid eyes on eBay.

Here are some facts about eBay:
eBay was founded in Pierre Omidyar's San Jose living room
back in September 1995. It was from the start meant to be a marketplace for the
sale of goods and services for individuals.


eBay has built an online person-to-person trading
community on the Internet, using the World Wide Web. Buyers and sellers are
brought together in a manner where sellers are permitted to list items for sale,
buyers to bid on items of interest and all eBay users to browse through listed
items in a fully automated way. The items are arranged by topics, where each
type of auction has its own category.From: Entrepreneur

To be honest shopping on eBay is just really nice and convenient. Most sellers in eBay offer everything that malls have (most of it). The only difference is that in eBay they offer it at a cheaper price. You do not have to think driving to the mall, perspiring due to the heat outside, and a lot more stuff that usually happens when you go outside. Gone are those days.

For an online entrepreneur eBay is just one avenue where you can sell your product. Every day the number of eBay members adds up. You have a huge chance of getting potential customers with EBay because it has plenty of members. The product / service that you sell have the capacity to be seen or purchased by a large number of people.

So if you are thinking of selling goods/services online think about this avenue. Give eBay a try, you won’t lose anything if you give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment