Thursday, May 28, 2009

Driving traffic to your BLOG.


So we’ve discussed the 4 strategies when it comes to “Making money through blog.” Now, let’s try to dwell into something just as important, DRIVING TRAFFIC TO YOUR BLOG.

If you will look at the articles written by blog experts, you’ll see plenty of ways to drive traffic to your blog. However I am just going to write about what I consider as important. Since you might get overwhelmed if I am to write a thousand tips here right? So let’s start those tips now…

1. Broadcast
. I don’t mean like you should go on national television and announce it. That’s like an over kill. What I meant by broadcast is, tell your friends, family, colleagues about your blog. Take the time to tell them what the contents are, and what they can learn from it. But don’t tell them all because they won’t read it anymore. Just give them an overview of what it is all about. Don’t be shy to tell people around you what you write about.


2.Link back.
If you are going to comment on some other blogger’s work, make sure to add the link back to your own blog. Sometimes in a forum, you will notice that people add their blog’s URL right below their name. This is helpful in driving traffic to your blog especially if there are many participants in the said forum.


3.Speaking of comments, make sure to pay attention to yours.
Say for example, someone left a comment about your work. I think it’s just right that you also take the time to read what they’ve written and comment back. This is a good way of building relationship with other bloggers.


4. Socialize it!
I don’t mean like go out and party. (“,) It’s good to party sure, but that won’t help much to drive traffic to your blog. When I talk about socializing, it means that you join Social Networks. Here’s a list of the most common Social Networks, bloggers join:

  • Mixx
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Digg
  • Stumbleupon

These networks will be a very big help to drive traffic to your blog.

5. Pictures! Pictures! According to one of my readings, it would also be helpful if people see pictures on your blog. Pictures have the power to attract viewers.

6. Ping it!
Use ping sites like PING-O-MATIC and PINGOAT. I personally use Pingoat, but of course its your choice which Ping site you’d like.


Again, let me reiterate that I’ve only cited methods I think are easy to follow. Expert bloggers do more than what I’ve cited, but know all of them went through all of those tips I have mentioned above.


So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get the traffic going!

No comments:

Post a Comment